Chief Executive Officer
John Oppenheimer is an entrepreneur with a passion for the hospitality industry. John has founded five successful, private hospitality-related businesses.
- He founded Columbia Hospitality in 1995 to manage Bell Harbor International Conference Center for the Port of Seattle. Bringing the company to immediate success, John lead the acquisition of a premier portfolio of full service, independent, upscale boutique hotels, conference centers, golf courses, and unique venues.
- He established the company's active consulting division, which has completed over 100 projects for hospitality developments in multiple US states, Canada, Mexico, Portugal and the United Kingdom.
- He is the founder of CRG Events, one of the largest event planning companies on the West Coast.
- John is also a founding partner of Cruise Terminals of America (CTA), a premier operator of the two Seattle cruise ship terminals. CTA is a joint venture with SSA Marine, General Steamship Agencies, and Columbia Hospitality.
- In 2004, John became a founding General Partner of the Seattle Hotel Group, the investment group that developed the Four Seasons Hotel and Residences Seattle.
John currently serves on the Board of the Virginia Mason Medical Center Foundation, the Western Region Advisory Board of Northern Trust, and the 5th Avenue Theatre Board of Directors. He is a past Chapter Chair of the World President's Organization (WPO) and past chairman of the Woodland Park Zoo Board of Directors. He is also a past member of the Greater Seattle Chamber of Commerce Board of Trustees, the Junior Achievement Board of Directors, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Foundation Board, and the Washington Council on International Trade.
John and his wife, Deanna, are past honorees of Seattle Hotel Association's Evening of Hope Gala and have served as co-chairs of many civic events including the Woodland Park Zoo Jungle Party, the Virginia Mason Dreambuilders' Ball, and the Junior Achievement Puget Sound Business Hall of Fame event.
John graduated from the University of Puget Sound with degrees in Urban Affairs and Political Science.He and his wife of 31 years were recently honored for their continued service and philanthropy to their alma mater with the dedication of Oppenheimer Hall. They have two adult children, Jeni and James.